Proverbs says that “Without a Vision People Perish.”
Stephen Covey reminds us to “Begin With The End In Mind.”
In my personal leadership journey I’ve found vision to be the secret to building synergy, increasing commitment, maximizing results and experiencing incredible joy.
In the second edition of their book Full Steam Ahead, Ken Blanchard & Jesse Lyn Stoner begin by emphasizing their experience with worldwide organizations,
“…We have observed that the biggest impediment to managers becoming great leaders is the lack of a clear vision. Yet less than 10 percent of the organizations we have visited are lead by managers who have a clear sense of where they are trying to lead people.”
They go on to create an easy to follow story-line that has been skillfully written in such a way that you will begin to visualize how to unleash the power of vision in your own workplace and personal life. Filled with insightful lessons, examples of extraordinary leaders and clear action steps you will learn:
- How a clear purpose helps you move ahead in spite of obstacles.
- How a vision unleashes energy, passion and excitement.
- How a vision empowers individuals. And at the same time limits conflict and increases teamwork.
- How to balance the creative tension between the current reality and the vision.
And you will be challenged to consider:
- How the leader becomes a servant of the vision by frequently reminding people what is really important and removing obstacles.
- How these lessons can help people who are seeking to have more work/life balance.
- How important it is to live in the present even if you’re passionate about creating the future.
I don’t know too many organizations today that are content with their current results, if you are one of them and you want to have more energy, ignite more creativity, experience more synergy and make a greater impact on your mission – Get the book, read it, study it, refer to it often. You are on your way – Full Steam Ahead!
Special Launch Celebration May 2 to May 6
Jesse and Ken will donate all profits from online purchases from Amazon & Barnes & Noble to: Give Kids the World
Give Kids The World provides cost-free magical experiences to children with life-threatening illnesses and their families. Their vision is to give these families the opportunity for joy, laughter, and serenity, and to be sustained by memories for a lifetime. Provided within 24 hours if need-be, no child in need has ever been turned away. Located near the central Florida attractions, over 100,000 children have had their dream come true.
Visit Give Kids The World Online!