In case you haven’t heard, 21 of the Instigators of this group recently completed The Character-Based Leader: Instigating a Leadership Revolution… One Person at a Time. We’ve received some positive press and some interesting sales numbers, but we don’t live in a wonder-land.
There is a bit of dis-order and anarchy behind the idea of character-based leadership. It can be chaotic to consider everyone acting like a leader. We know this book isn’t for everyone. So in the interest of full-disclosure, we’d like to compile a warning-label for the book.
Top 10 Reasons You Won’t Like The Character-Based Leader book:
- You don’t read.
- You believe leaders are born, not made.
- You believe that only people as smart as you can lead. “Some people have to be followers.”
- You think that people should obey and not think for themselves.
- Your goal is to “climb your way to the top.”
- You think things will fall apart if everyone can “just do what they want.”
- You know the best way to get ahead is to follow all the rules.
- You see leadership as a position or a title.
- You think the best leaders are “benevolent tyrants.”
- You just want everyone to do things your way, for now. “We can try this ‘leadership’ thing later.”
Have you read the book? Are you a supporter of the idea of character-based leadership? If so, help us out. Who else should we warn? Would you add your own items to the list in the comments below? Let’s help people who won’t like the book avoid it. Please, do those people a favor by adding to the list below!