Are you a leader? Or a boss? Do you know the difference between the leader and the boss? In this article, you will be able to differentiate between the two and distinguish if you are a leader or you are acting as a boss.
Leader, the role of the leader is to lead the people. They develop their people and teach good values, how to be a good employee, support them in their work, help whenever the employee is having difficulty. Also, a leader serves as a friend and guides the team to be successful.
So, what is the boss? The boss is the one who takes control over his employees. Who demands all his needs met right away.
6 Distinctions between Leaders and Bosses:
1. The leader addresses “we” but the boss addresses “I.”
2. The leader teaches but the bosses criticize.
3. The leader serves for a purpose towards success but the boss manages to an end.
4. The leader says “Let’s go” but the boss says “Go.”
5. The leader enables but the boss disables.
6. The leader shows humility, while the boss shows pride.
As the famous quotes says; “The leader leads and the boss drives.” Theodore Roosevelt
The leader does everything to teach team members or employees to become better in their work, event to become a better leader someday. They inspire and motive their people to work hard in order to reach their goal.
What can you do to make sure you’re acting more like a leader and less like a boss? v