Three Years of Lead Change Group
Thank you for reading this post and any other post published on this blog. Just over three years ago, 15 people from 3 countries got together in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to consider the idea of the Lead Change Group.
Since that time, people associated with the group have done hundreds of things, many of which aren't known to me. However I am aware of a number of members who have connected, become friends, referred each other, done business with each other, created opportunities with others, helped people get contracts, and even jobs.
Over the last 3 years, mostly because of people like you who stepped up and took an active role, we:
- Launched the community blog in July of 2010;
- Became a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in 2011;
- Hosted 2 Chick-fil-A Leadercasts in Tulsa;
- Formed a local group in Tulsa that has hosted 6 breakfast dialog meetings;
- Got 21 members together to write a book and sold over 1000 copies;
- Published 1000 posts on the Lead Change Blog and received over 4000 comments;
- Raised our traffic to around 1200 visitors on an average business day without having any real celebrities. About 13,000 visitors a month come from Google.
- We have over 60 Instigators;
- We've had about 100 blog post authors;
- We have over 1200 people registered on our website, 2200 on the LinkedIn Group, 2000 on the Facebook Page and we just created a Google+ page.
Thank you for being a part of this success. Just your awareness and reading our posts helps. Connecting with people from this community helps. Simply deciding that today, just one day, you're not going to do what you've always done helps. Our world needs people to lead from who they are and stop going with the flow. Thank you for being part of our effort to just do something.
In addition to continuing to increase our reach and connecting more character-based leaders, my personal goals this year are to:
- Help 4 other local group meetings take place in cities other than Tulsa;
- Encourage 2 other local groups to create websites associated with Lead Change.
You can help. You can become an Instigator or make a donation. You can write a post or connect and collaborate with anyone associated with this group. You can purchase the book to share with friends. You can invite a friend or join one of our conference calls.
What are your plans for 2013? Care to share? I'm not sure what anyone thought Lead Change would become when we met in February of 2010. You never know what you can do until you try. What would you like to accomplish and how can we help. Share your thoughts below.